Tuesday, March 3, 2009

If you will let Him . . .

You know, sometimes I wonder, especially after the class Pastor Susan taught last Thursday night, where I could be if I would have been cooperating more fully with the Holy Spirit. He will grow us up if we will let Him. But, you know, we can't do anything about before, we just have to go forward where we are and do it now!!! So, here's the lesson learned last night:

I sat up last night talking to my girls and one of my girls is having a little problem with someone in her life. Not a bad problem - just someone she is around really seems to have developed an irritation with her and she doesn't really understand it. This person is a lovely person and we love them very much. She knows that she needs to keep her mouth closed, and that is the wisdom of God operating in her life! And of course, speak the Word over the situation.

Well, in the course of talking to her a little, I started on a discourse of "well, maybe you should say this," or "maybe you should do that." Why would I do that if I knew she was operating in wisdom? I was being so noisy that I couldn't even hear fully what the Holy Spirit was saying on the inside of me! Well, I went on to bed at about 12:30 a.m. or so and when I laid down and got quiet, I heard Him! I got up out of bed, went back to my daughter's room and said, "just completely disregard my comments. I apologize for running at the mouth. You are doing the right thing. You know you are anointed to do what you are doing, and your gift will be seen if you continue to be diligent and faithful. It's really easy to be quiet until you know that your children are concerned in a situation." I know the Holy Spirit would tell her if she did need to DO something. So we sat and talked with each other, very aware of what the Holy Spirit was telling us, for almost an hour.

So, learning to fully follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. I'm getting it! I'm getting it! We are all getting it! I am overjoyed that God has set us in a place to be able to learn the things we are learning and to be in a local body that is also hooked into the Word and teachings! I know we are in the right place at the right time and we are DOING what we are learning!

4 comments:

  1. I am so blessed that you are becoming more aware and sensitive to the Holy Ghost on the inside. He is the best leader you could ever have. Thank God for the Holy Ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post indeed. it feels so good, so refreshing to hear and then obey the holy spirit.. like getting back out of bed like you did and went to obey..

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post Staci. there is NOTHING better than being led by the Holy Spirit....after all that is what he is there for! :)

    ReplyDelete